Thursday, July 15, 2010

An End. And a Beginning.

It has been forever since I last posted. Mainly because I have just gotten out of the swing of this blogging thing. I am going to try to be more diligent at writing. In the past few months, a lot has changed in my life. Many of you know that before I married the love of my life, I was a Kindergarten teacher. I loved teaching. It gave me such satisfaction to be able to work with children and to teach them what would be the foundational concepts of their whole entire educational career. I also loved the relationships I formed with the children I worked with. I know without a doubt that the Lord called me into teaching...it is one of the few things I am sure of in life :) Since I know what the Lord has called me to do, I was sure He would provide a teaching job for me when I got married and moved to Saint Augustine. I put my faith in the Lord, and counted on Him to provide the perfect teaching job for me. And almost a year later...He has once again proved Himself to be faithful. I went through many months wondering why the Lord didn't give me the job I knew I was created for right when I wanted/needed it...and honestly this whole year I have had this emptiness in my heart because I felt like I wasn't doing what the Lord intended for me to do. Little did I know that I was so wrong. The Lord placed me right where I was supposed to be...and it has taken me almost a year to understand why He did what He did. I was thankful that the Lord provided me with a job at a daycare this year. I mean, a job is a job. When I first started, I felt defeated from the get-go. I dealt with a lot of things that I had never faced before. I wanted to quit everyday, and pleaded that the Lord would just give me a job teaching in a school. After reflecting over the last several months, I have come to realize that I was in the place God wanted me to be for so many reasons. I have learned so much about humbleness. And putting others above my self. I have learned that keeping a positive attitude, even when I felt like screaming or crying or pulling out my hair, makes a huge difference. I have learned how to deal with situations that made me uncomfortable. I have learned to cling to the Lord and count on Him every single second of the day. I have learned so much about myself in the last several months--about what I am capable of and about keeping my focus on my purpose in life--and that is showing Christ to others. Teaching is a great calling, but first and foremost my job is to show others the love of Christ. I was so blessed to work with some amazing women who are doing great things with their lives and have the potential to do even GREATER things. I was blessed to work with some great kids who will always hold a place in my heart. Tomorrow is my last day working at the daycare, and it is truly bittersweet for me. I am sad to leave behind people I have grown to love, but so excited that God was so faithful in providing me a job doing what I LOVE to do (I get to teach KINDERGARTEN AGAIN!!!). Nothing is more beautiful than going through the storm, and seeing the sunshine on the other side. I am thankful for the struggles. "Hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who has promised is faithful"- Hebrews 10:23 Be blessed, my friends. Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment