Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stillness...

Well, sorry for the lack of blogging lately. My life has been a bit on the chaotic side. I travelled to Tennessee for a long weekend to see Mrs. Lauren Vanderburg tie the knot and started a new job. I have had various other tasks going on (laundry, cooking, cleaning...haha) that keep me busy. Enough of that...time to write. Lately, the words "Be still and know that I am God," have been prevelant in my thoughts. Being still means to stop. To turn everything else off, and just know that God is God. He is the One who is in control of every moment of my life. I must admit that I am no good at being still. It is physically a challenge for me. Even when I am "relaxing," my mind is still going nonstop. It is a challenge to just be still not only physically, but mentally. I have realized how much I NEED God in control of everything. I have realized how much I NEED quiet, STILL time with Him. I am struggling with contentment, and struggling with so many "why" questions--and more often than not--I don't take the time to be still and talk to the Lord about it. Why is it such a challenge to be still? The other day, David and I were driving back from the big town of Orange Springs, FL, and the car was quiet. My thoughts immediately turned to my life. I have to be honest and say that I am so happy to be married and thankful for an amazing husband, but I am having a hard time being away from family and friends in this new place that I not too fond of. I miss having a support system of people who constantly encourage me and help me to grow in my faith. I find myself sinking into this hole so often--this hole of sadness and feeling kind of lost. But as I sat in the car thinking about all this, the Lord reminded me of the millions of things I should be thankful for. He reminded me of how far He has brought me, and although things may be tough right now, He is here for me. He has me right where I am right this second for some purpose. In those brief moments of stillness, the Lord completely comforted me and changed my whole outlook on my life. I am feeling His strength and love more than ever--and feel as if I am ready to do whatever He asks of me. I must always remember that He has a purpose for all things--even when I can't see what it is! Don't give up those still moments with the Lord for anything...take the time to remember who God is. Be blessed! Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment