Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flag Football and Selena...

Last night I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep. This of course is the time I usually do the most thinking. I wasn't too tired last night, so instead of being frustrated about not being able to sleep, I let my mind wander. I love how in your mind, you can be thinking one thing and it leads to something else, which leads to something else...and the next thing you know its 3:00 in the morning. I started off last night thinking about the weather (why? I don't know...). This led me to thinking about fall time...and that led me to think about my joyous time at Union University. I loved the fall time in Jackson, Tennessee. The trees were beautiful, the air was cool, the sky was blue and clear. I can remember wanting to be outside all the time. Fall was great because that meant FLAG FOOTBALL with my awesome sorority sisters. Flag football was one of my favorite memories from my college years. A lot of laughs and sore muscles. As I thought more about college, I began to think about how many good times I had, but I also had a lot of tough times. Heartbreak, stress, being unsure of my purpose in life, missing my family. But there were always a few friends who were always there for me...no matter what. When my heart was breaking, they were on the floor crying with me. When I was stressed out, encouraging notes were written to brighten my day or a hug was given just because. When I was confused about life, they prayed with me and stayed up until all hours of the night talking with me. These friends were so much more than friends, they became my family. Through it all, they were there. I knew they would always have my back! The greatest thing I got from thinking back to college was that God was so faithful in answering one of my biggest prayers. Before I left for college, I prayed that God will provide strong, faithseeking women in my life to be my friends. And honestly, He went above and beyond by giving me girls who will be my friends for the rest of my life. These friends of mine--I love you and cherish your friendship. Our meeting was truly God ordained. Take the time to let your friends know you love them and appreciate them. It's something we don't do enough. -Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Is it conceited to think you might perhaps be including me in those memories?? I love you and cherish our friendship. Your sweet spirit, encouraging nature and heart for the Lord are such blessings in my life. Thank you for welcoming me into the family!

    ReplyDelete