Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GPS Watch...

So, my husband got a package in the mail yesterday. It was the GPS watch he had ordered. I had never heard of one of these before, all I knew was that it was big and ugly. David got it to help him train for his marathon in January. I soon learned that this watch did a lot of cool things. Obviously, it tracks where you are, tells you the distance you have gone, and reads your heartrate. Pretty great! I began to think how great it would be if we had a type of GPS to tell us where to go in life- to tell us "how much farther" we had to go to reach our destination. Something to tell us ultimately what our destination was. To give us directions when we are lost. I have times when I wonder where in the world my life is going. I wonder if I am taking the right roads--or if I am going to end up in the wrong place. The simple truth is this: God is our navigator--His word is our map. The Holy Spirit within us guides us to where we need to end up. The amazing truth is this: No matter if we take the right road or the wrong--God is there. He is there to pick us up--and shows us how to start from where we are and who we are to get back on track--back on the road that leads to His glory. Be encouraged that as Christians--we are on the road to eternal life with an amazing God! Think about the trip you are on--and make it count for something great--someone Great. "I will give you EVERY place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses." -Joshua 1:3 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9 Be Blessed- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment