Monday, August 10, 2009

Ugly Wallpaper...

My husband and I are renting a great house. The only problem is that the bathrooms have the ugliest wall paper I have ever seen. Everytime I am in the bathroom, I can't help but think that I am being flashed back to the 70's. Eww. Because it is not OUR house, we can't really do anything about it. When we moved in, the bathroom had a light pink frilly shower curtain. We decided it had to go. This was our first attempt to transform the bathroom. We went to Target to try and find some kind of shower curtain that would possibly BLEND in with our horrid wall paper. We were successful in finding a classy, modern one. When I got home, I began to put it up in hopes that it would make the bathroom look completely different. My high expectations were quickly shattered. I could not seem to get past the hideous wall paper. Then I began to think, at least I have a bathroom and a home. It doesn't always matter what it looks like, but what it's function is. All this to say...sometimes we have to look past the ugly things in life--we have to look for the beauty in the not so beautiful. :) Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment