Monday, September 21, 2009

Childlike Faith...

Anyone who knows me knows that I love kids. I love the way their little brains work. I love the things they say. I love their innocence. Oh to be a child again. There are days when I long to just be a kid again. David and I were talking about this the other day. It was fun to think back to a time when our biggest concern was what we were going to play when we got home from school or what we were having for snack. Life was simple then. Hard to believe that there was a time in my life when I had absolutely no worries.
Last week, I kept randomly singing children's "Sunday School" songs--for example "He's got the whole world in His hands..." or "Rise and shine, and give God the glory..." or "This is the day that the Lord has made..." I love those songs. I have no idea why they kept popping into my head, but I realized that it made me happy to sing these simple--truthfilled tunes.
I started thinking about what it means to have "childlike faith." Have you ever heard a little kid talk about God? It is a beautiful and humbling thing. With kids, they just seem to believe. They don't argue the facts or analyze every aspect of every occurance in their lives. They just believe in Jesus. I feel like sometimes, as adults, we get so caught up in the why's or why nots of life. We forget to focus on the simple facts about Christ- that He loved us and died for us. It is all that other "stuff" in our lives that sometimes overshadows the simplicity of having a relationship with Christ.
Just something to think about. It's refreshing to approach Christ with a childlike faith. After all, we are His children. I hope that all of those sweet little childhood songs get stuck in your head as a reminder that accepting Christ's love is simple!
Be blessed!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment