Wednesday, September 16, 2009

God-given Passion...

What are you passionate about? Have you ever really thought about it? I love that God gives us spiritual gifts, but He also gives us things that we are passionate about. He gives us things that we love and can't live without. I think that I could often guess other people's passions just by observing their lives. My husband, for example, is passionate about helping others. It honestly just comes naturally to him. He would not think twice about helping someone else. I love this about him. That is ultimately why he is pursuing a career in Physical Therapy-to help and love others. I have several friends who have a huge passion for missions. They want to minister to people of other cultures and other religions. God has equipped them for this. Now for my passion... I don't have to sit and think long and hard about what my passion is. I have always known. I am desperately, completely, wholeheartedly passionate about music and singing. According to my family, I started singing at a very young age. I can honestly say that I am happiest when I am singing praises to my awesome God and leading worship. I can also sit at home singing in a room all by myself, and feel so close to God. I am so moved by music. I am moved by lyrics and melodies. I am moved by harmonies and emotion. Music just gets to me. I love pouring my heart out in song. One of my ambitions in life is to create music. I love writing lyrics--and creating melodies in my head. Sometimes I think this "goal" of mine is pretty ridiculous. Kind of like me saying I want to be an astronaut or something. But no matter what, I want to always use my passion for Christ. He gave me this passion in the first place--why not use it to glorify Him. Here are some lyrics by Kim Walker (who may be my role model) who pretty much sums up my passion... "Can't hold my love back from You. I can't hold my love back from You. I gotta sing, I gotta sing, sing my love...Can't hold my praise back from You. Can't hold my praise back from You. I gotta shout, I gotta shout, shout my love." Think about what your own passions are. Are you using them for the glory of God or are you hiding them? I would love for everyone who reads this to comment on what their passion is. I think it would be interesting to see how unique we all are, but how we all have a part to play in God's kingdom! Be blessed!! Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment