Monday, September 14, 2009

Giving it ALL to God...

I know we have all heard people say, "I am giving it all to God" in reference to worries and fear of the unknown things in our lives or to things that we realize we cannot control. I have used this phrase many times in my own life, maybe not fully being truthful when I said it or even thought it. It is a nice thought that I can take all of the worries I have--which lately I have had a lot of worries--and just hand them over to God. I know in my heart and in my head that He is able to take all of that "junk" that is burdening me and I can rest in the fact that He will take care of me. But why is it so hard to truly "give it all to God"? I have been asking myself this question a lot lately. Maybe it is hard for us to let someone else have control over our lives. In all of my thinking, I have realized that this is pretty ridiculous. It is ridiculous for me to believe that I can take care of myself--by myself. Why wouldn't I want the God of this Universe in control of my small, seemingly unimportant life? Yesterday, I was at the church where David's dad is the pastor. He said one simple thing that made me realize that I am not handing my burdens over to the Lord. He said this, "Give it to God, and don't take it back!" I felt like this comment may have been totally directed at me. I am so glad that God speaks through other people to get our attention. I sometimes pray that God will take my worries away--and pray that I will completely trust Him, and then it seems that a few days--or hours--later I am back at it again. Back at worrying and fearing and stressing about things I have no control over. Last night, I prayed from the depth of my heart that God would truly take those things away--and I meant it. I wanted Him to have them. He loves me so much that He will take those things from me if I have faith. I think I am relearning the meaning of "giving it to God" and relearning what it means to have faith. I am loving the fact that "God has already ordained all of my days before one of them came to be" Why would I ever worry when He already has everything figured out for me--and He does want GOOD for me? Never forget that God is good. He is so much bigger than all of our worries or fears--our heartaches or disappointments. Give it all to Him--and don't ever take it back. Be Blessed! Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment